If I am being honest there has been plenty of summers where I have sat on my butt and done nothing, but over the past two summers surprisingly I feel like I have learned how to motivate myself to actually do something. I completely agree that sitting around and doing nothing is great sometimes, but eventually, I start to feel guilty. This is why I am going to share some of my tips on how to have a good relaxing summer, but still feel like you are getting stuff done.
- Find a job – Finding a job is a great way to be productive for so many reasons. You are making money and learning at the same time. The most important thing about this is to find a job you like, so you don’t hate your life all summer! Last summer I worked at a title company and it really wasn’t my cup of tea, but it did force me to get out of bed and I really did learn so much. This summer I have been babysitting every day, so this job is a lot more relaxing and enjoyable.
- Clean your room – I am the worst at this, but I feel so much better once it’s done! I really dread doing it, but it usually only takes me a few minutes so making yourself do this small task will make you feel 10x better about your life. Even if I have done nothing all day, if I clean my room I feel like I got a big chore done but in reality, it only took a few minutes.
- Workout – This summer I have made it a big goal of mine to workout, and I feel like on the most part I have been doing a lot better than I used to be. Eating healthy is a whole different story lol, but I do workout about 4-5 days a week. Working out makes me feel so much more productive because I know I am doing something to improve myself. Even if you don’t do a super hard workout, but just going on a 30-minute walk will at least get your heart pumping!!
- Set goals for yourself – Setting goals for yourself is a great way to stay productive because you are motivated to actually get to your goal. This summer one of my goals was to post on my blog more, so having that goal has pushed me to work on it every few days. This keeps me busy, but I am also doing something I enjoy.
- Wake up at a reasonable time – Sleeping in all day can be very tempting, but also stops you from going out and getting stuff done. I babysit around 10:30 every day, and I have found waking up around 8-8:30 is a perfect time. I wake up naturally around that time anyways, but I do still keep an alarm set. Giving myself about two hours before I have to work allows me to either get some chores done or just give me time to slowly wake up and make myself some breakfast before I have to go. If I wake up at 10 and have to jump out of bed, its just a bad start to my day. Waking up earlier has so many benefits!
I know its so easy to get into that lazy routine when you don’t have school every day. I promise I have done that so many times, but I have found getting stuff done makes me feel so much better about my self. I hope you try out some of these tips and make it a great summer!!